Professional Teeth Whitening at Your Boise Dentist
Have you ever wondered what professional teeth whitening is? You're not alone. Teeth whitening has become one of the most popular cosmetic procedures globally, and it's easy to see why. Who wouldn't want a brighter smile? But there's a lot of misinformation about the process, so we wanted to break down the facts for you.
What is Professional Teeth Whitening?
In short, professional teeth whitening is a procedure that uses special bleaching agents to remove stains from your teeth. It's different from over-the-counter products like Crest Whitestrips. It uses stronger chemicals that penetrate deeper into your enamel and reach spots that over-the-counter products can't get to. This deeper penetration means that it can remove stains that have been building up for years instead of just weeks or months like with over-the-counter products.
Is Professional Teeth Whitening Right for Me?
Professional teeth whitening is a great way to brighten your smile and get those pearly whites you've always wanted. But before you schedule an appointment with your dentist, you should know a few things about professional teeth whitening. Professional teeth whitening is right for you if:
- You're looking for a long-lasting solution. Teeth whitening at home can be effective, but it isn't permanent. Professional teeth whitening is more reliable because it uses stronger bleaching gels and LED lights that activate the peroxide molecules in the gel. These treatments can last from three months to two years.
- You want whiter teeth without the hassle of taking care of them yourself for months on end. Professional teeth whitening takes about an hour or two and requires no maintenance afterward — other than keeping up on regular dental checkups and cleanings.
- You're unsure whether you're a good candidate for at-home bleaching kits. You may need to consult with your dentist first if you have sensitive teeth (or if you've had root canal treatment), wear dentures or partial dentures, or if you're pregnant or breastfeeding (peroxide can harm developing fetuses).
Professional Teeth Whitening Methods
There are several different ways to whiten your teeth. In-office bleaching is one option that can be done in the dental office or dentist's chair. Other options include at-home whitening and professional take-home bleaching.
1. In-Office Bleaching
In-office bleaching is a treatment that uses a strong bleach gel applied to your teeth in the dentist's office. Your dentist will usually apply the gel and then use a special light called an activator to activate it. This light causes the bleach to work more quickly and effectively. The process can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how much bleach you need and how long it takes for the color to change. This procedure can be repeated as many times as necessary until you achieve your desired results.
The most significant benefit of in-office bleaching is that it's faster than other methods because it requires less time and effort on your part — all you have to do is show up at your appointment with clean teeth. However, there are some downsides: In-office bleaching can be expensive and may not work as well on sensitive teeth or with discoloration caused by age or fluoride use (such as yellowness).
2. Zoom Teeth Whitening
Zoom is the fastest, most effective teeth whitening treatment. With up to 14 shades of whitening in just one hour, Zoom goes beyond traditional tooth-whitening gels and strips and gives you the fastest results possible. You can get a brighter, whiter smile in just one hour with no sensitivity issues or messy trays. Best of all, it's available at select Invisalign providers, and your dentist can customize the plan to suit your needs. Many people are surprised by how natural their new smile looks and feels. Your results depend on your level of staining and how fast you want to see results.
3. Laser Teeth Whitening
Laser teeth whitening is a safe and effective way to lighten your smile. The procedure involves using a laser to accelerate the natural process of tooth bleaching. The laser light breaks up the hydrogen peroxide gel into tiny particles that can easily penetrate the tooth enamel. The gel then bleaches the teeth, removing stains caused by smoking, drinking coffee or tea, or eating red foods such as berries and tomatoes. The laser light helps to make sure that the entire surface of your teeth is exposed to the bleaching agent simultaneously, so you get maximum results with minimal sensitivity.
Laser teeth whitening can be used on all types of dentition, including veneers, crowns, and bridges. It's also suitable for people who wear braces or have had orthodontic treatment in the past because it doesn't heat up or damage dental work like other methods do."
Advantages of Professional Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening has several advantages over at-home teeth whitening.
1. First, it's more effective. Professional teeth whitening can remove up to 10 shades of stains, whereas at-home methods typically only remove about one shade. You'll get more dramatic results from a professional treatment than from an at-home kit.
2. Another advantage of professional teeth whitening is that the process can be customized for each person's needs. For example, some people may need to have their gums protected during the procedure because they have gum disease or receding gums, while others might need extra protection because they have sensitive teeth. The dentist will help you decide what kind of protection is right for you and make sure everything goes smoothly during the procedure.
3. It's also more convenient. You don't have to take time out of your day to use an at-home kit—you can schedule a treatment with Times Square Dental and get it done in the comfort of our office.
If you're looking for a dentist in Boise, look no further than Times Square Dental. Dr. Jon Hastings and his professional team offer teeth whitening, dental implants, and more. With several years of experience in dentistry, our team is proud to serve the people of Boise and surrounding areas with high-quality dental care. We have extensive knowledge of the latest procedures and technologies in dentistry and pride ourselves on being able to provide affordable care that meets your needs.
Our staff takes great pleasure in helping patients improve their oral health and smile. We believe strongly in educating our patients to understand what to expect from their treatment plan and maintain optimum oral health after leaving our office. With our team approach, we work with each patient individually to create a treatment plan that works best for them. We look forward to working with you soon. Contact us today!